• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Bodily Improvement

Milkshakes

Bluelighter
Alright guys and gals I'm a 5' 9" 120 lbs. male, what would be a good way to improve my weight? Some tips on diet and exercise would be nice but I do loathe exercising. I currently play drums (which is more strenuous than you'd think with double bass and blast beats being my current focus!) My drug use is as follows:
I am a daily smoker of both tobacco and marijuana, I roll about once every 2 to 3 weeks (due to availability vs. LSD), I use LSD about 10 time a year. I try to maintain a healthy diet, but am lax far too much.

No easy way to do this. Heavy weights and LOTS of food. You need to have a look at how much your eating (given your height/weight I'd guess less than 2000 cals a day). This needs to be upped to at least 3.5kcals.

Really just joining a gym and focusing on learning some freeweights is the way to go.

I'm 5'11" and 135lbs so I understand your situation. Don't waste money on commercial weight gainers. The only way to gain weight is to eat, and eat until after your full. Eat until you feel like you're going to puke. A good snack is peanut butter. Eat that shit out of the jar with a glass of milk. Calorie dense foods are what you want. This means avoid ice berg lettuce and things of that nature. But don't pig out on junk food.

Start lifting too, building muscle.

this is my personal advice:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=7914781&postcount=18

bulk up on calories, maintain a healthy diet, and contrary to popular belief : heavy weights wont bulk you up. theyll strengthen muscles, but they wont make them bigger.

to grow, assuming you eat and rest properly, you need slow movements with light weight (light as in, its not heavy, but not easy).

example: when i was body building and my 170lb frame could bench press max 330lbs, i was using only 60lb free weights when trying to mass gain. the slowness of the negative motion is what builds muscles (well, rather, tears them perfectly so they grow right when youre resting).